CommandSim is aimed at addressing critical needs involved in collaborative,
tactical command training while minimizing technological and logistical
resource requirements. Therefore, it permits...
- Use in a small or large group, via computer network or Internet
- Realistic practice and evaluation for command personnel and line officers
- Rapid scenario creation for Fire, MCI, and other emergency response
- Instructor-led training that allows customization to address specific
areas or skills
- Advanced modeling and graphics for more elaborate interactive requirements,
such for equipment training.
Technology is only useful to the extent that it enables performance improvement
in a cost-effective way. CommandSim customers relate how well training
in the simulated environment translates to real-world behavior—practicing
a standardized approach leads to standardized outcomes in the field.
Among other benefits of CommandSim are...
- Hands-on practice in a collaborative environment allows evaluation
of team performance and their ability to improvise. Collaborative
practice enables everyone to know what to expect from one another before
they get into a particular situation
- Sharing scenarios and command best practices with other CommandSim
customers via yearly user conferences and online, 24/7 asynchronous
- Allows participants to be in the same classroom or remain in their
- Use for specialized team or multi-agency coordination training
- Low per firefighter per hour training cost
- Scenarios can be as simple as photographs or complex as involving
simulated equipment, animations, graphics, sounds, and 3-D. Also,
because scenarios are made using Flash, designers are not locked into
special vendors or esoteric tools to produce more elaborate content—there
are millions of Flash developers
- No special software installation for participants besides the free
Flash player, which comes pre-installed on almost all computers within
the past few years.